It’s the one thing that we all tend to avoid – cleaning the bathroom. There are so many other things that you could be doing but it has to get done! Here are some tips to help you make the most of your cleaning efforts:
- To keep your tiles shiny, spray them with an all purpose cleaner and turn on the hot water in the shower until the steam fills the room (this will take about 5 minutes). As you leave the room, turn the shower off and close the door to let the steam mix with the cleaning liquid for 20 minutes. Then wipe down the tiles with a clean cloth.
- Keep the fans on for 30 mins after your shower (even opening the window will help). This will allow the air to continue to circulate, thus reducing the amount of moisture which will discourage mildew growth.
- Bring the shine back to your mirror by using a mixture of water and vinegar. Wipe clean with a cloth.
- Glass cleaner works well on glass shower doors but if you need something stronger, get out the white vinegar. Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spray onto the shower door. Scrub the areas with a non-scratch sponge and rinse with water.
- To bring the shine back to your metal shower door frames, create a paste from a tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of salt and scrub onto the affected areas. Allow some time for the mixture to sit before rinsing with warm water.
If your bathroom needs re-modeling more than cleaning, visit our Display Homes for bathroom inspiration.